Korea Defense Veterans Association (KDVA)
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, 900 South Orme Street, Arlington, VA 22204
November 8, 2018, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
The 4th Korea Defense Veterans Association's (KDVA) Seminar is a premier international seminar where U.S. and ROK defense leaders and experts come together to discuss and provide possible solutions for the pressing issues that ROK-US Alliance faces today.
- Current State of the Denuclearization & Peace Process in Korea
- ROK-U.S. Alliance Beyond Denuclearization
- OPCON Transfer: Required Conditions in Today’s Environment
- KDVA Members
- Former and current U.S. Military and DoD Personnel who served in U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) or Combined Forces Command (CFC) Headquarters and Korean Augmentation To United States Army (KATUSA) Veterans.
- Individuals that work to support the ROK – U.S. Alliance (DOD, DOS, NSC and Think Tanks)
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Registration & Breakfast
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM Opening Remarks
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Panel 1: The Current State of the Denuclearization and Peace Process in Korea
11:15 AM - 12:30 PM Luncheon & Keynote
12:45 PM - 2:15 PM Panel 2: ROK – U.S. Alliance Beyond Denuclearization
2:25 PM - 3:50 PM Panel 3: OPCON Transfer: Required Conditions in Today’s Environment
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM Reception, Galaxy Ballroom, 15th Floor
BG Se Woo Pyo, ROK Army, Defense Attache to the United States
Bonnie Glaser, Senior Advisor for ASia, Directo, China Power Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
Bruce Klingner, Senior Research Fellow, Hertiage Foundation
Gen. Walter L. Sharp, USA Ret., Chairman and President of KDVA, Former Commander, UNC, ROK-US CFC and USFK
LTG Scott D. Berrier, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-2 United States Army
The Honorable Cho Yoon-je, Republic of Korea Ambassador to the United States
Dress Attire? Military - Duty | Civilian - Busines
What are my transportation/parking options?
- Parking - Complimentary parking at the Sheraton for attendees. Please ask for a parking voucher at the Seminar registration check-in desk.
- Metro -Closes metro station is Pentagon City Metro Station. (Blue, Yellow Line) - 0.8 miles from hotel
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Amy Fisher - [email protected] (703) 304-0872